AutoNation is committed to respecting the privacy rights of our customers and all visitors to our web site. We take this matter very seriously and have instituted many policies and procedures to ensure that your privacy rights are safeguarded. The following outlines AutoNation’s privacy policies and details the measures we have taken to protect your privacy, while providing you with a unique and rewarding online shopping experience.
2. Our Promise
AutoNation provides you with a safe, no-hassle method of researching,
shopping, and purchasing a vehicle. In this regard, we address the issues
of security, full-disclosure, fair and honest pricing, and provide a thorough and
This privacy statement covers all the AutoNation websites and social media sites. If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact our customer support team at the following email address:
3. What information does AutoNation collect?
As part of the vehicle research and purchase process, information such as your e-mail
address, name, and contact telephone numbers will be requested. This information will
be used solely as described below. When entering information on the websites, it is
transferred automatically to our lead management system (“System”). The System will automatically
record the information and send it to an associate so that your inquiry may be answered promptly
by a qualified representative near you.
AutoNation provides for limited employee access to the System. The System is a secured application that can only be accessed by entering a valid username and password. Once you have expressed interest in being contacted, the associate will respond through a personalized email or phone call. After the initial email contact, there may be several points of communication between you and the associate by either telephone or email. At any point in the relationship you have the option of indicating by either telephone or email that you no longer wish to be contacted by the associate. In this event, the associate will access the System and mark your customer record as ‘’closed’’, at which time, you are removed from ‘’active’’ status.
If you express interest in financing a vehicle, additional information related to creditworthiness will be requested by our dealership. This credit information will be treated in accordance with our financial information Privacy Notice and only be used in compliance with applicable federal and state law.
We collect information when you create an account and use the AutoNation websites. We also collect information you share with us from third-party providers, and technical and behavioral information about your use of the websites. We also collect information contained in the messages you send through our AutoNation websites and social media platforms.
Information you choose to provide
- Registration information, such as username and password, language, email and/or phone number.
- Profile information, such as name, address, social media account information, and profile image.
- Information we obtain from other sources.
Social MediaIf you choose to link or sign up using your social network (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Google), we may collect information from these social media services, including information relating to your use of the AutoNation websites in relation to these services.
Third-Party ServicesWe may collect information about you from third-party services, such as advertising partners and analytics providers.
Information we collect automaticallyWe automatically collect certain information from you when you use the websites, including internet or other network activity information such as your IP address, geolocation-related data (as described below), unique device identifiers, browsing and search history (including content you have viewed in the websites), and Cookies (as defined below).
Usage InformationWe collect information regarding your use of the AutoNation websites and any other user content that you generate through our websites. We also link your information with your activity on our AutoNation websites across all your devices using your email, phone number, or similar information.
Device InformationWe collect information about the device you use to access the websites, including your IP address, unique device identifiers, model of your device, your mobile carrier, time zone setting, screen resolution, operating system, app and file names and types, and platform.
Location dataWe collect information about your location, including location information based on your SIM card and/or IP address. With your permission, we may also collect Global Positioning System (GPS) data.
MessagesWe collect and process, which includes scanning and analyzing, information you provide in the context of composing, sending, or receiving messages (including telephonic). That information includes the content of the message and information about when the message has been sent, received and/or read, as well as the participants of the communication.
MetadataWhen you upload content, you may automatically upload certain metadata that is connected to the content. Metadata describes other data and provides information about content that will not always be evident to the viewer. In connection with your content the metadata can describe how, when, and by whom the piece of content was collected and how that content is formatted. It also includes information, such as your account name, that enables other users to trace back the content to your user account. Additionally, metadata will consist of data that you chose to provide with your content, e.g. any hashtags used to mark keywords to the video and captions.
5. Internet-Based Ads
Cookies and other web collected information also assist us to display interest-based advertising on websites outside of our own,
including but not limited to Facebook, other social networks, and blogs. Interest-based ads can also be
referred to as personalized, dynamic, or targeted ads.
These Cookies help create a relevant ad for you based on how you have interacted on our websites, so that our advertising is more helpful to your car shopping needs.
6. Updating Your Advertising and Privacy Preferences
We support your rights as a consumer, so we have provided below a list of ways you can update your ad preferences.
To clear your Cookies and browser cache, locate your browser settings and privacy controls. This process depends on your internet browser and more information is available in your browser’s help section. If you revisit one of our websites after clearing your Cookies and cache, Cookies will be gathered, and you may begin to see our Interest-Based Ads again.
If you are receiving ads from networks in the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital
Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising, you can follow these links
to opt-out of their personalized ads:
http://optout.networkadvertising.org/ & http://optout.aboutads.info
Note – You may still see ads, but they will no longer be based on your interests and may be more general in nature.
Facebook – When utilizing Facebook, if you prefer not to see our advertisements you can follow the steps outlined here
to hide all future ads from your news feed:
Find out more information on Facebook advertising here:
This site is being monitored by one or more third-party monitoring software(s), and may capture information about your visit
that will help us improve the quality of our service.
You may opt-out from the data that SmartPiXL is collecting on your visit through a universal consumer options page located at
Some information, like how you came to our site, is available through Google Analytics. You can learn more about how Google
uses your information at:
You can opt-out of Google Analytics here:
7. Does AutoNation track my visits?
At AutoNation, our site may also gather information about which areas of our site receive the most visits and user visit history. This is done by the placement of a Cookie on your computer. Additionally, we send site metrics information to a third-party service provider using Cookies and web beacons, who then aggregates the captured data. The type of data captured includes search engine referral, traffic driven by ad banners or other online promotions, how visitors navigate around the site, and the most popular pages. We also track technical information, such as the browser version and operating system of visitors, to deliver a better site design for our visitors. The data is analyzed, generating several different types of reports showing different views on the data collected. Our third-party metrics provider is obligated to strict confidentiality restrictions and is not permitted to sell or use our dealer’s aggregate site data for any purpose other than for providing us with the metrics information. We capture information about individual’s use of the site. We also enhance data we collect about you from third parties, other sites, and social media.
8. How is email used on AutoNation?
When you provide us with your email address, either directly or via a third party at your request, we use it to communicate with you and provide services/offers, promotions, pricing information and/or complete transactions. We may also use your email to communicate with you about required vehicle maintenance or recalls or other safety related messages.
11. Does AutoNation provide a way to update or remove personal information?
A customer wishing to change, or update, personal information may do so at any time by
contacting AutoNation by email at:
12. Why are we telling you all this?
Because AutoNation is a firm believer and active participant in consumer privacy, we maintain these policies that give our visitors full disclosure. AutoNation believes in improving the customer’s online shopping experience through the responsible and secure collection and usage of customer data.
13. Your Consent
14. Changes in this Privacy Statement
15. AutoNation Security Statement
Our Security Procedures
16. Secure Technology
AutoNation uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect your personal
information provided on credit applications and where credit card information is required.
SSL encrypts or codes this information as it travels over the Internet and is then decoded
by AutoNation and its business partners who facilitate your transactions on this web site.
We do not read personal communications. We do not give out your telephone number, credit card information, or screen names, unless authorized to do so or as required by law.
17. How do I know when my information is protected?
You can tell if you are using a Web browser that supports SSL if a “key” or “padlock” icon appears in one of the lower corners of your screen (For example, when using Internet Explorer you will see a padlock). When you enter a secure page, the key is “un-broken” or the lock is closed. This means that your communications are now secure, encrypted, and cannot be read by non-authorized sources. Another sign that you are in a secure transaction mode is a URL that begins with “https:”. When you see any of these symbols on your browser, you know that your information is protected and you can interact with the website with confidence.
18. Security and Applying for a Loan
When applying for an auto loan on the AutoNation web site, your credit application is sent directly to the dealership that you have chosen. The credit application is securely collected and transmitted using SSL technology that encrypts your personal information as it travels over the Internet. (Please see our security statement above for further details.
19. Privacy and Applying for a Loan
At AutoNation, we take your privacy very seriously. We know that information about you and your finances are sensitive. As we point out in the Consent Statement you must read before submitting a credit application, your credit application is submitted to the certified AutoNation dealership of your choice. Only duly authorized and qualified personnel at the dealership have access to your credit application. We will ask you for your contact information, such as name, address, phone, and email address; your financial information, such as monthly income, amount of debt, monthly rent or housing payment; and sensitive information such as date of birth and social security number. By submitting your credit application, you are giving consent to the authorized AutoNation dealership selected at the beginning of the application process to investigate your credit and employment history. A credit report may be obtained, in connection with this application, for a renewal or extension of credit for which application was made. Upon request, you will be told if a credit report(s) was/were obtained and given the name and address of the credit reporting agency(ies) providing the report(s). Your credit information may be shared with third party lending institutions, which have a business relationship with the dealership that you have chosen for the purpose of providing auto loans. Once you have completed and submitted the credit application, you will be presented with a “Thank You” page. It is suggested that you print this page by pressing the print button on your browser. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your credit application, please contact the dealership. The information received from consumers and/or customers who apply for and/or receive financing for personal, family or household purposes credit transaction is subject to our Financial Information Privacy Notice.
20. Legal Disclaimer
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
21. How This Policy Applies to You
22. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
As a California Consumer, you have the following rights:
- The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you, free of charge, (1) the categories of personal information we have collected, disclosed or sold about you in the last 12 months, (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, (3) the business purpose for which we use this information, (4) the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information, and (5) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties.
- The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we delete personal information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
AutoNation does not sell your information, including the data of any minors. However, we do share your information with various service providers and third parties for business purposes such as:
- 1. To process and submit financing applications, including to apply for credit, lease or credit pre-qualification.
- 2. For security, fraud protection and insurance purposes, a copy of the driver’s license is obtained to permit a customer to test drive a vehicle.
- 3. To process, complete, and maintain records on transactions including servicing or purchases of vehicles, products, parts or accessories.
- 4. To provide complete warranty coverage on vehicles, products, parts, service, and accessories.
- 5. We retain your selection for text opt in/opt out for legal compliance and to ensure customers who opted out are not sent any text messages.
- 6. To provide and communicate recall notifications to customers.
- 7. To reserve a vehicle that a customer expressed an interest in and requested that it be reserved.
- 8. To schedule, manage and keep track of customer appointments.
- 9. To complete a vehicle appraisal.
- 10. To maintain records of when customers decline a service or sale.
- 11. To provide interest-based advertising and improve user experience on our website including audit of ad quality, position, counts and compliance.
- 12. To respond to consumer inquiries, including vehicle interest, request for information, Customer Support online, phone calls, and in-store inquiries.
- 13. To respond to consumer inquiries, including vehicle interest, request for information, Customer Support online, phone calls, and in-store inquiries.
AutoNation shares information with these categories of service providers or third-party businesses depending on your transactions:
- Vehicle Manufacturers (OEMs)
- Financial Institutions
- Lead providers
- Product manufacturers/administrators
- Government agencies
- Promotional or other fulfilment vendors
- Marketing support vendors
- Transaction support vendors (e.g., check guaranty, rental car, payment processors)
AutoNation collects and may share the following categories of personal information about you based on your specific interactions with the company in the past 12 months:
|Category||Scenario||Examples||Business Purpose||Source||Shared in last 12 months|
|Personal Identifiers||Submit a request for information or credit score online or in store||Name, alias, address, email address, social security number||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13||From you the consumer||A, B, E, F, G, H|
|Protected Classifications||Submit a request for information with gender; English is not your preferred language||Gender, ethnicity, language||1, 3, 4, 11, 12, 13||From you the consumer||A, B, E|
|Commercial Data||Any purchase or request for credit approval||Records of products or services provided, purchasing history||1, 3, 13||From you the consumer||A, B, D, E, G, H|
|Biometric Data||When you call a store, we may record the conversation for training purposes||Voice recordings||12||From you the consumer||Not shared|
|Internet Activity||Whenever you navigate, access or use any of our websites via desktop or mobile||Browsing history, search history, cookies, IP addresses||11||Indirectly from you the consumer||G|
|Geolocation Data||When you create an account on our AutoNation.com website||Latitude & longitude||11, 12||Indirectly from you the consumer||Not Shared|
|Mobile Device Data||Whenever you navigate, access or use any of our websites via desktop or mobile||Device type, software type||11||Indirectly from you the consumer||G|
|Financial/ Employment Data||When you complete a credit application||Company name, role, salary, dates of employment, bank accounts, income sources||1, 13||From you the consumer||G|
You can submit a verifiable consumer request to know or request for deletion by any of the three options below:
2. CCPA_DSAR Call our privacy line at (866) 619-CCPA (2272)
3. Visit a California AutoNation store to complete a mail-in form
To verify your identity AutoNation will need you to provide your name, address, email, phone number, last 4 of your SSN and your date of birth. In addition, our third-party identity verification provider will require your authorization to access your credit report.
If you have an Authorized Agent:
You can have an Authorized Agent complete a request on your behalf if you both come into a California AutoNation store and provide proof of identity with a driver’s license or passport and provide your consent for the Authorized Agent to complete your verifiable consumer request via mail-in form.
1. Our Commitment to Accessibility
AutoNation is committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to our website. In recognition of this commitment, we are in the process of making modifications to improve the accessibility and usability of this website, using the applicable portions of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) as our standard. Our efforts are ongoing.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of this AutoNation website.
Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on this website
so that we may work to resolve those issues promptly. Contact information follows:
Phone: (954) 769-3375
Address: 200 S.W. 1st Ave., Suite 1500 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
2. Website Information
We designed our website with the intent of providing the auto industry’s best customer experience. This includes providing you with updated information. Despite our best efforts, however, it is inevitable that some inaccuracies may occasionally be present. Additionally, while some photographs of automobiles found on the website are photographs of the actual vehicles their color and general appearance may appear differently based on your monitor and color settings. In addition, at times only stock photos of the vehicles are available. For this reason, please contact the store location where a vehicle is located to confirm the accuracy of the contents of our website before you visit that store location. Further, AutoNation reserves the right to correct any pricing errors or an incorrect statement of accessories on a particular vehicle, change product pricing and specifications, as well as the terms of our guarantees and warranties without notice.
3. Ownership and Proprietary Rights
All information contained in this website, unless otherwise stated, is owned solely and exclusively by AutoNation and intended for personal and consumer use only. You acknowledge and agree that all contents and materials available on this website are the property of AutoNation or its third party licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, and/or other proprietary or intellectual property rights and laws. By permitting you to access and use this website, AutoNation has not granted you a license of any kind to use this information for any purpose (including, but not limited to, commercial, analytical, or research purposes) without the express written consent of AutoNation; however, vehicle information and the online credit application may be printed for your non-commercial, personal use only. You may not otherwise amend, copy, create derivative works from, reverse engineer, display, distribute, edit, license, modify, reproduce, rent, sell, and/or transmit any part of this website. Trade appraisals that are generated using our trade appraisal tool are solely and exclusively for individuals seeking to sell vehicles to AutoNation that they personally own, and cannot be used by third parties to generate data or gather information such as for the purpose of developing a competing trade appraisal service, making an offer directly to a consumer or for such person or entity to act as am intermediary for any third party or individual seeking to sell their vehicle. Trade appraisals generated by AutoNation cannot be modified by any third party or individual. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing AutoNation 's name or trademarks. Any activity that unduly burdens the system or AutoNation resources, such as submitting multiple trade appraisal inquiries for the same vehicle, submitting multiple inquiries for different vehicles or other activity that is inconsistent with the stated use, spirit and purpose of the AutoNation website and trade appraisal service, is strictly prohibited. In addition, deep linking, direct linking, framing, page-jacking, spoofing, hacking, data-mining and using a robot, spider, or automated device of any kind to monitor or copy our website is strictly prohibited.
4. Intellectual Property
This website contains several names, logos and marks, including but not limited to, the AutoNation name and Wayfinder logo, which are registered trademarks or service marks of AutoNation. Any unauthorized use, replication, or other violations of trademark law will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible. INFORMATION ON COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.
5. Warranty Disclaimer
AutoNation MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OUR WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. AutoNation DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR USAGE IN TRADE. AUTONATION SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, COSTS OF REPLACEMENT OF GOODS, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO DATA ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE AUTONATION WEBSITE, OR FOR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS OR EXCLUSION OR LIMITATIONS ON RELIEF SUCH AS INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. Incentives Offered by Manufacturers
Rebates and other incentives provided by vehicle manufacturers or their respective captive financing companies are subject to the terms specified by such entity. These terms include, among others, the particular vehicle or trim/model eligible for the incentive, timeframe of the offer and limitations on quantities and/or combinations with other offers. Please always contact your AutoNation dealership for details on available incentives.
7. Usage and Ownership of Customer Information
9. Legal Disputes and Choice of Law
If there is a legal dispute of any kind about or arising out of the use of this website, the laws of the State of Florida will govern such dispute without regard to its conflict of laws rules. You agree that if any part of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable, the remainder of these terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect. By using this website you expressly agree and irrevocably submit to personal jurisdiction and exclusive venue in the state and federal courts located in the City of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless AutoNation from and against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), relating to your use of this website that leads to any claim against us by a third-party, regardless of the nature of the cause of action or claim.
12. Severability and Integration
13. Reservation of Rights
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, AutoNation does not knowingly or intentionally solicit or collect information from minors, and our marketing is not directed at minors. If we determine that a user is under eighteen (18) years of age and has submitted information by way of our website without parental or legal guardian’s consent, we will immediately delete such information.
15. Procedure for Alleging Copyright Infringement
AutoNation will respond appropriately to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), as set forth below. If you own a copyright in a work (or represent such a copyright owner) and believe that your (or such owner’s) copyright in that work has been infringed by an improper posting or distribution of it via this website, then you may send us a written notice that includes all of the following:
- A legend or subject line that says: “DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice”; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing or is the subject of infringing activity is located that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (please include the URL of the website on which the material appears); your full name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that all the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner (or, if you are not the copyright owner, then your statement must indicate that you are authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed); and,
- Your physical signature or, if sent within an email (rather than in a physical document or a digital document attached to an email), your name typed followed by “//s//“, which will serve as your electronic signature.
AutoNation will only respond to DMCA Notices that it receives by mail, e-mail or facsimile at the addresses below:
200 SW 1st Ave, Suite 1400
Ft. Lauderdale, FI 33301
Attn: Legal Department
It is often difficult to determine if your copyright has been infringed. AutoNation may elect to not respond to DMCA Notices that do not substantially comply with all of the foregoing requirements, and AutoNation may elect to remove allegedly infringing material that comes to its attention via notices that do not substantially comply with the DMCA.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
We may send the information that you provide in your notice to the person who provided the allegedly infringing work. That person may elect to send us a DMCA Counter-Notification.
Without limiting AutoNation’s other rights, AutoNation may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate a repeat infringer’s access to this website and any other website owned or operated by AutoNation.
2.DMCA Counter Notification
If access on the Website to a work that you submitted to AutoNation is disabled or the work is removed as a result of a DMCA Notice, and if you believe that the disabled access or removal is the result of mistake or misidentification, then you may send us a DMCA Counter-Notification to the addresses above. Your DMCA Counter-Notification should contain the following information:
- A legend or subject line that says: “DMCA Counter-Notification”
- A description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (please include the URL of the website from which the material was removed or access to it disabled)
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that all the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner (or, if you are not the copyright owner, then your statement must indicate that you are authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed)
- Your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and the username of your account
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or, if the address is located outside the U.S.A., to the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided DMCA notification to us or an agent of such person
- Your physical signature or, if sent within an email (rather than in a physical document or a digital document attached to an email), your name typed followed by “//s//“, which will serve as your electronic signature.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability. If we receive a DMCA Counter-Notification, then we may replace the material that we removed (or stop disabling access to it) in not less than 10 and not more than 14 business days following receipt of the DMCA Counter-Notification. However, we will not do this if we first receive notice at the addresses above that the party who sent us the DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice has filed a lawsuit asking a court for an order restraining the person who provided the material from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Website. You should also be aware that we may forward the DMCA Counter-Notification to the party who sent us the DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice.
16. Required California Disclosure: CA Supply Chain Transparency
AutoNation recognizes the serious nature of the crimes of human trafficking and slavery. AutoNation has taken and will take every reasonable effort to ensure that its supply chain is free of products that are tainted by human trafficking. Through its Manufacturer Relations Department, AutoNation routinely meets with and engages representatives from the new vehicle manufacturer makes it represents. Among the important issues discussed with said representatives is the need to implement and maintain appropriate controls to ensure that these manufacturers avoid any issues of human trafficking and slavery in their manufacturing process. We have been assured by said manufacturer representatives that they have such controls in place. AutoNation is currently working on developing an appropriate and satisfactory protocol by which it can audit or, at a minimum, have said manufacturers re-certify on a regular basis, their continued adherence to and maintenance of, programs and policies designed to avoid any human trafficking or slavery in the manufacture of their vehicles and parts. With respect to the used vehicles sold by AutoNation, and all replacement parts acquired by AutoNation in its repair and reconditioning process that are purchased from other retailers, AutoNation believes that it has taken all necessary steps to audit and reasonably mitigate the risk that its products are tainted by the crimes of human trafficking and slavery.
17. Full Mobile Terms and Conditions
1. There is no fee from AutoNation to receive messages. Message & data rates may apply–
this can be checked with your mobile service provider. Charges are billed and payable to
your mobile service provider or deducted from your prepaid account.
2. Data obtained from you in connection with this MMS/SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier’s name and the date, time and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us. Those communications include but are not limited to communications on matters such as vehicle safety, recalls, AutoNation services, sales and promotional offers, or any other communication about AutoNation. Alerts sent via MMS/SMS may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless carrier may interfere with message delivery, including the customer’s equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. The wireless carrier does not guarantee that alerts will be delivered and will not be held liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
4. We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any MMS/SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
5. The service is available on these US carriers only: Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Nextel , Boost, T-Mobile®, AT&T, Alltel, ACS Wireless, Bluegrass Cellular, Carolina West Wireless, CellCom, Cellular One of East Central Illinois (ECIT), Cincinnati Bell, Cricket, C-Spire Wireless, Duet IP (AKA Max/Benton/Albandy), Element Mobile, Epic Touch, GCI Communications, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri Cellular), Illinois Valley Cellular (IVC), Inland Cellular, iWireless, Keystone Wireless (Immix/PC Management), MetroPCS, MobiPCS, Mosaic, MTPCS/Cellular One (Cellone Nation), Nex-Tech Wireless, nTelos, Panhandle Telecommunications, Pioneer, Plateau, Revol Wireless, Rina-Custer, Rina-All West, Rina- Cambridge Telecom Coop, Rina-Eagle Valley Comm, Rina-Farmers Mutual Telephone Co, Rina-Nucla Nutria Telephone Co, Rina- Silver Star, Rina- South Central Comm, Rina- Syringa, Rina- UBET, Rina- Manti, Simmetry, South Canaan/CellularOne of NEPA, Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, U.S. Cellular, Viaero Wireless, Virgin Mobile, West Central Wireless (includes Five Star Wireless).
6. You can unsubscribe from this service at any time by texting ‘STOP’ to 26227
7. By subscribing to AutoNation alerts, the user consents to receive, from time to time further text messages from AutoNation. Message & data rates may apply.
8. If you have any questions, text HELP to 26227 or contact us at (877) 253-4239