What is the Vehicle Protection Plan?
Having a factory warranty is great...until it runs out. The Vehicle Protection Plan is a mechanical breakdown service contract designed to keep you covered so you don't have to pay out of pocket for future unexpected repairs. We offer five different levels of comprehensive coverage plans to keep your vehicle protected while you own it.!
How this plan helps you
Your vehicle is a big investment, so it's important to keep it protected. Because even though many new cars and trucks come with comprehensive factory warranties, once you reach the year or mileage limit - you're on your own. That means you'll have to pay out of pocket for any repair, and that could get expensive. Which is why we offer various levels of protection to fit any budget.
Vehicle Protection Coverage
- 5 distinct protection plans to meet your needs: Platinum, Gold, Silver, Powertrain & Engine.
- Has plans that are able to cover most repairs associated with the engine, transmission, front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, basic hybrid/electric vehicle components, steering, front suspension, brakes, electrical, air conditioning, and much more.
- Multiple deductibles available - choose the one that fits your budget.
- We'll reimburse you for a rental car when your vehicle is in for service on a covered repair - up to $35 a day for up to 10 days.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance is provided 24/7/365 to help just in case you run out of gas, need a tow, have a flat tire, require a battery jump or get locked out.
- We'll even reimburse you for basic travel expenses if you break down away from home - up to $200 a day for up to 5 days for a covered repair.
- And we'll honor this plan at any licensed repair facility nationwide.
- Provides peace of mind knowing your vehicle is protected against mechanical repair breakdown.
- Honored nationwide at more than 70,000 licensed repair facilities.
- 24/7/365 Emergency Roadside Assistance and Travel Expense Reimbursement are included with every plan for worry free driving.
Coverage Exclusions May Apply
The information above is intended to provide a summary of coverage and benefits. Please refer to the Vehicle Protection Plan (VPP) agreement for exact terms, conditions and exclusions for this optional product. The maintenance services and parts described in the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule for your vehicle are not covered. Nor are these other normal maintenance services and parts including: engine tune-up (includes spark plugs, glow plugs, ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor), all batteries (including but not limited to): hybrid/electric vehicle batteries), filters, lubricants or fluids, air conditioning refrigerant, engine coolant, all hoses and belts (not specifically listed), wiper blades, brake pads and shoes, brake rotors and drums, suspension alignment. Parts not covered are constant velocity boots, tires, wheel covers, wheel rim, wheels, wheel balancing, shock absorbers, suspension air bags, exhaust system, catalytic converter, friction clutch disc and pressure plate and clutch release beating, glass, glass framework and fastening adhesives, sealed beam head lamps, light bulbs, lenses, trim, moldings, bright metal, upholstery, paint, sheet metal, bumpers, alignment of body parts, flexible le body parts, door panels, body panels, structural framework, convertible top framework, structural welds, hinges, door handles, vinyl and convertible tops and non mechanical removable hardtop assemblies.
Other PlansView All Plans
Vehicle Protection Plan
A mechanical breakdown service contract that covers the costs of parts and labor for covered repairsLearn More
Unavoidable dents are a thing of the past with this plan's unlimited repairs..Learn More
Offers a proven theft deterrent to scare away thieves and provides financial benefits if your vehicle is stolen. Also, includes identity protection benefits.Learn More
Tire and Wheel Protection
A policy that covers the repair or replacement of your tires and or wheels due to damage from a road hazard.Learn More
Excess Wear and Tear Protection
Covers a wide array of the most common charges when it's time to turn-in your leaseLearn More
Your view of the road will stay crystal clear with this plan which covers repairs of chips and cracks, or replacement of the windshield if the damage is irreparable.Learn More
Turn back the clock on your car with a plan to make sure it stays as beautiful as the day you bought it, inside and outLearn More
24/7/365 roadside assistance that includes change of tire, delivery of gas, oil, or water, jump start, locksmith service and towingLearn More
Will pay or waive the difference between the actual cash value and net loan payoff in the event of a total lossLearn More
Vehicle Care Program
Prepaid maintenance programs that include oil and filter changes, 20 point inspections, fluid top offs, routine lubrications and tire rotations at any AutoNation store.Learn More