What is Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)?
If your vehicle is ever declared a total loss due to an accident, theft or natural disaster, your auto insurance company might only pay you the amount equal to their assessed market value of your vehicle. Unfortunately, there may be a significant gap between what your insurer pays and the balance you owe on your vehicle loan. Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) protects you by waiving the difference.
How this plan helps you
Insurance companies can only do so much, that's why GAP Loss Protection was designed to fill in the gap. When accidents occur, insurance companies only pay the actual cash value of your vehicle, so we cover the difference between the actual cash value and the balance.
- Waives covered losses up to $50,000.
- Includes coverage for your insurance deductible up to $1,000.
- Available on loan amounts up to 150% of your vehicle's MSRP, up to $150,000.
- The cost for the optional GAP Loss Protection Program can be included in your finance contract or vehicle lease agreement.
- Available on loans or leases up to 84 month terms. Terms greater than 84 months will be re-amortized to 84 months.
- Cancelable within 60 days for a full refund. After 60 days refund will be calculated pro-rata.*
- Covers loan/lease balances that include equipment add-ons or rollover from trade-in that may not be accounted for by insurance companies.
- Provides peace of mind by reducing the risk of unnecessary financial hardship and potential credit damage in the event of a total loss.
- Maximum claim benefit in the event of a total loss or theft is $50,000.
- Waives up to $1,000 of insurance deductible.
Coverage Exclusions May Apply
Coverage exclusions and limitations may apply, including total losses resulting from the Purchaser's dishonest, fraudulent, or illegal acts (such as DUI), or those committed by Purchaser's family member or other person acting under the Purchaser's authority; and vehicles used for competitive driving, racing, or a prohibited commercial purpose. Additional exclusions may apply. All transactions related to the optional Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) product are governed solely by the provisions of the Addendum. Please refer to the GAP Deficiency Waiver Addendum for details of terms, conditions, and specific coverage details, including limitations and exclusions. Coverage may vary by state.
Other PlansView All Plans
Vehicle Protection Plan
A mechanical breakdown service contract that covers the costs of parts and labor for covered repairsLearn More
Unavoidable dents are a thing of the past with this plan's unlimited repairs..Learn More
Offers a proven theft deterrent to scare away thieves and provides financial benefits if your vehicle is stolen. Also, includes identity protection benefits.Learn More
Tire and Wheel Protection
A policy that covers the repair or replacement of your tires and or wheels due to damage from a road hazard.Learn More
Excess Wear and Tear Protection
Covers a wide array of the most common charges when it's time to turn-in your leaseLearn More
Your view of the road will stay crystal clear with this plan which covers repairs of chips and cracks, or replacement of the windshield if the damage is irreparable.Learn More
Turn back the clock on your car with a plan to make sure it stays as beautiful as the day you bought it, inside and outLearn More
24/7/365 roadside assistance that includes change of tire, delivery of gas, oil, or water, jump start, locksmith service and towingLearn More
Will pay or waive the difference between the actual cash value and net loan payoff in the event of a total lossLearn More
Vehicle Care Program
Prepaid maintenance programs that include oil and filter changes, 20 point inspections, fluid top offs, routine lubrications and tire rotations at any AutoNation store.Learn More