What is the Excess Wear & Tear Protection?
Simple stains, chips, dents, and dings happen to every vehicle, but these may cause unexpected fees when you turn in your lease. Now with Excess Wear & Tear Protection, common repair costs up to $5,000 will be waived at your vehicle's turn-in. It covers common costs like paint chipping and surface dents on the exterior of your vehicle, as well as interior damage to the upholstery or carpeting. Best of all, you don't have to risk losing a portion of your security deposit to pay for these damages. Now that just makes sense.
How this plan helps you
Even normal vehicle use can sometimes cause unavoidable damage, which you'll have to pay for when you turn in your lease. Drive with peace of mind knowing you can avoid these unexpected fees, up to a maximum of $5,000.
Excess Wear & Tear Coverage
- Covers most excess wear charges up to $5,000 on new or certified pre-owned vehicles such as paint damage, exterior surface dents, interior surface rips, tears, stains and spotting, windshield glass chips, wheel covers and more!
- Covers excess tire wear with less than 1/8" remaining tread.
- Missing parts covered up to $100 per occurrence.
- In the event of lease extension, you are still covered for up to 1 year after original termination date.
- Available on leases with terms up to 72 months.
- Available on vehicles with selling price up to $150,000.
- Zero deductible.
- Reduces charges associated with excessive wear and tear.
- Includes the cost of replacement tires.
- No need to worry about minor missing parts.
- Ability to take advantage of lease programs which include early and late turn-in.
- Limits out of pocket expense at lease end.
Coverage Exclusions May Apply
Coverage exclusions and limitations may apply, including any itemized excess wear and tear charge that exceeds $1,000; if customer's vehicle is used for competitive driving, racing, or a prohibited commercial purpose; excess mileage charges; and repairs performed prior to contract termination. Additional exclusions may apply. All transactions related to the optional Excess Wear & Tear Protection product are governed solely by the provisions of the Addendum. Please refer to the Excess Wear & Tear Limited Waiver Addendum for details of terms, conditions, and specific coverage details, including limitations and exclusions. Coverage may vary by state.
Other PlansView All Plans
Vehicle Protection Plan
A mechanical breakdown service contract that covers the costs of parts and labor for covered repairsLearn More
Unavoidable dents are a thing of the past with this plan's unlimited repairs..Learn More
Offers a proven theft deterrent to scare away thieves and provides financial benefits if your vehicle is stolen. Also, includes identity protection benefits.Learn More
Tire and Wheel Protection
A policy that covers the repair or replacement of your tires and or wheels due to damage from a road hazard.Learn More
Excess Wear and Tear Protection
Covers a wide array of the most common charges when it's time to turn-in your leaseLearn More
Your view of the road will stay crystal clear with this plan which covers repairs of chips and cracks, or replacement of the windshield if the damage is irreparable.Learn More
Turn back the clock on your car with a plan to make sure it stays as beautiful as the day you bought it, inside and outLearn More
24/7/365 roadside assistance that includes change of tire, delivery of gas, oil, or water, jump start, locksmith service and towingLearn More
Will pay or waive the difference between the actual cash value and net loan payoff in the event of a total lossLearn More
Vehicle Care Program
Prepaid maintenance programs that include oil and filter changes, 20 point inspections, fluid top offs, routine lubrications and tire rotations at any AutoNation store.Learn More