What Is Apple CarPlay?
Apple CarPlay seamlessly connects your iPhone to your BMW's built-in display, creating a familiar interface with your favorite apps. Apple CarPlay helps you more safely and efficiently make phone calls, get directions, send and receive messages, listen to your favorite music or podcasts, and more.
Below is a list of all Apple CarPlay-compatible BMW models as of October 2022. If you have any questions, contact your local AutoNation BMW location. Our team members are here to help you find your perfect BMW vehicle with Apple CarPlay.
- 2017-Current BMW 2 Series - View 2 Series Inventory
- 2017-Current BMW 3 Series - View 3 Series Inventory
- 2017-Current BMW 4 Series - View 4 Series Inventory
- 2017-Current BMW 5 Series - View 5 Series Inventory
- 2017-2019 BMW 6 Series - View 6 Series Inventory
- 2017-Current BMW 7 Series - View 7 Series Inventory
- 2018-Current BMW 8 Series - View 8 Series Inventory
- 2017-Current BMW X3 - View X3 Inventory
- 2017-Current BMW X4 - View X4 Inventory
- 2017-Current BMW X5 - View X5 Inventory
- 2017-Current BMW X6 - View X5 Inventory
- 2018-Current BMW X1 - View X1 Inventory
- 2018-Current BMW X2 - View X2 Inventory
- 2018-Current BMW X7 - View X7 Inventory
- 2018-2021 BMW i3 - View i3 Inventory
- 2019-2020 BMW i8 - View i8 Inventory
- 2018-Current BMW Z4 - View Z4 Inventory
- 2022-Current BMW i4 - View i4 Inventory
- 2022-Current BMW iX - View iX Inventory
- 2023-Current BMW i7 - View i7 Inventory
Available on all BMW models with the iDrive 7 or newer infotainment system, Apple CarPlay is the best way to connect your Apple iPhone to your new BMW. Follow this easy step-by-step guide to learn how pair your Apple iPhone to your new BMW with Apple CarPlay.
For iDrive 7 Systems
- Make sure Bluetooth is activated on your iPhone.
- On left side of your iDrive 7 screen, select COM > Mobile Devices > New Device > Phone calls and audio. The system is now discoverable from your iPhone, and may display nearby devices.
- On your iPhone, select your BMW from the Bluetooth menu. The two will now begin pairing, and your iDrive 7 screen will confirm the pairing request.
- Confirm the PIN displayed on your iDrive 7 and iPhone screens match, then select Yes.
- Select the option to connect to Apple CarPlay on your iDrive 7 screen. Your iPhone and BMW iDrive 7 system are now connected via Apple CarPlay.
For iDrive 8 Systems
- Make sure Bluetooth and Siri is activated on your iPhone.
- On left side of your iDrive 8 screen, select TEL > Connect new telephone. Make sure your Bluetooth screen is open on your iPhone. Your BMW will search for your device.
- Once your device is found, it will appear on the screen in your BMW. Select it, and the two wills begin pairing.
- Confirm the PIN displayed on your iDrive 8 and iPhone screens match, then select "Pair" > "Allow" on your iPhone.
- You will now be given the option to enable "Hey Siri" on your BMW's screen. You can select it, then select "Activate and continue".
- Lastly, select "Use Apple CarPlay" on your BMW's screen. You will then get a prompt on your iPhone. Select "Use CarPlay". Your iPhone and BMW iDrive 8 system are now connected via Apple CarPlay.
For more information on your BMW iDrive system, or how to pair your mobile device with Bluetooth or Android Auto, please feel free to contact your local AutoNation BMW dealer to speak with a friendly and knowledgeable team member.
Certain data and other content displayed herein is copyrighted by AutoNation, Inc. and / or third parties. (In addition, providers of data and other materials to AutoNation, Inc. or such third parties may have a copyright interest in and to such data to the extent that such data and other materials are subject to copyright protection under applicable United States laws.) Such data may not be reproduced or distributed in whole or in part by any printed, electronic or other means without explicit written permission from AutoNation, Inc. All information is gathered from sources that are believed to be reliable, but no assurance can be given that this information is complete and neither AutoNation, Inc. nor its suppliers assume any responsibility for errors or omissions or warrant the accuracy of this information.